Monday, September 21, 2009

Portraits














I think that the most successful portrait I took was the artistic piece. You can easily see the chaotic and emotional stress that my partner portrays with this photo, because the scattered broken glass and the blood help situate the feeling.
In my artistic portrait, I wanted to capture a deep, anxious feeling that came within the object itself. Like some sort of intense emotion that needed to emerge out of that person. The mood I was aiming for was depression. I used a broken coke bottle, and fake blood (ketchup) to help capture the mood.

The prop/costume I used was a basketball. I wanted to use a prop that helped fit my partner’s personality. She enjoys playing basketball so this prop suited her perfectly. I think that if I would have taken the picture in a different angle or perhaps a different pose, then the picture would have came out better.

What makes my surprise photo unique is that my partner expresses a tranquil, relaxing mood. The calm, expression on her face really helps set it in.

Overall I really enjoyed doing this project with my partner. The process of making these photos together was really fun and I actually got to know her better.

2 comments:

Miss Cook said...

Elia, you have a really nice sense of artistic composition. I like the way you set up your shots and look forward to all your future projects! Keep up your artistic voice.

Lauren said...

great idea with the Broken bottle. It looks really cool.